Since its establishment in 1996, Ngati Maru has continued to develop as a Maori Service provider focused on delivering services that protect, sustain, preserve and improve the social, economic and cultural well being of the Iwi and community as a whole.
Matai Whetu Marae remains the focal point for the Iwi and continues to be utilised for traditional purposes.
- To foster, develop and represent the interests of Ngati Maru and its members and Ngati Maru descendants.
- To sustain and recognise the mana and tino rangatiratanga of Ngati Maru and its members and Ngati Maru descendants.
- To promote and advance
- The spiritual, cultural, social, economic, employment, education and other needs and aspirations of Ngati Maru and its members and Ngati Maru descendants; and
- Tikanga Maori, te reo Maori and taha wairua among Ngati Maru and its members and Ngati Maru descendants
- To tautoko the whanau and hapu of Ngati Maru as Kaitiaki in the management of ancestral lands, waters, sites, wahi tapu, resources and Taonga.
- To tautoko the whanau, hapu and iwi of the Maratuahu Confederation where that is consistent with the interests of Ngati Maru as determined by Ngati Maru in its absolute discretion.
- To support, encourage, promote and conduct any Ngati Maru initiatives or any other activities consistent with the spirit of the foregoing objects.
For more information click here